The Prairie Farmers’ market is a new and growing market, and we welcome new vendors who desire to bring fresh, natural, locally-produced goods to the residents of Sioux Falls and the surrounding area. We offer large booth spaces and a lot of camaraderie!
- Winter Market Space = $80 / season (6 weeks long from November 5 – December 10)
One Booth Space (18’ x 16’) = $240 / season
Two Booth Spaces (36’ x 16’) = $410 / season
Three Booth Spaces (54’ x 16’) =$555 / season
Four-Week Trial Season – $100 for one booth space for 4 consecutive Saturdays.
- Occasional Vendors – $40 per booth per market (must complete full application and commit to market dates two weeks in advance)
When completing your application, keep in mind that we cannot start processing your application until you have all related paperwork turned in (insurance, license, etc.).
Download a PDF application here: The Prairie Farmers’ Market Vendor Application
Please refer to the rules and expectations below.
Send completed paper applications to:
The Sopkos 235 W 2nd Street Tea, SD 57064 Applications will be reviewed by the The Prairie Farmers’ Market Board of Directors.
- All sellers must abide by, and all product must comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations governing health, packaging, labeling, taxes, scales, weights and measures, etc.
- Vendors must maintain their space in a clean, safe and sanitary manner and remove debris and trash from their space at the end of market.
- All tents and/or canopies must be adequately anchored with ballast.
- Vendors who are cooking on-site must keep a fire extinguisher that is visible and accessible at all times.
- Any complaints about other vendors or the market rules must be submitted in writing to the market Board of Directors.
- The market is a producer-only market. All products sold by a vendor must be produced or grown by the vendor or his/her immediate family. Re-selling products from other producers or purchasing products for re-sale at the market is not allowed.
- “Dumping” of product, as in selling products severely underpriced, is not allowed.
- Pets must be leashed and under the owner’s control at all times. Service animals are permitted.
- Market Rules are subject to change by the Board of Directors as needed
Vendor Conduct & Expectations
- The market and immediate vicinity is a family-friendly area and all are expected to act appropriately.
- Foul language, profanity or other rude behavior is not permitted.
- Vendors should keep a good, positive attitude for the duration of the market.
- Vendors are expected to treat customers with courtesy respect and honesty and demonstrate sensitivity to peoples of all ages, ethnicities and diversities.
- Vendors are required to wear shoes and shirts at all times. Vendors should wear clean clothing and present a professional appearance.
- The market area is a tobacco-free zone.
- No vendor may be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while participating at the market.
- “Hawking” of products (over-aggressive selling) by vendors is not permitted.
- Vendor Conduct & Expectations policies are subject to change by the Board of Directors as needed